Sunday 15 December 2013

It's Just a Number!!

This morning i was awoken by the smooth and rather irritating sound of chiming waves. I slowly forced my arm out from under the bed covers and reached for my phone to turn off the noise which was interrupting my sleep. When i held the phone in my hand, eyes half open and half asleep i realised i had a text message, one that i was eagerly waiting for! I opened my phone to see the message, which to my half asleep self was a blurry mess of letters and numbers. After finally rubbing the sleep from my eyes i saw it, the number which defines my future! I don't want to announce my VCE score to the whole world, but i can say i did extremely well and am very happy. My score means i am well and truly accepted into all the courses that have offered me a position in their institutions. While i am content with the score i have achieved,  i would like to point out that it is only a number. A number that so many year 12 students get so worried about each year as they believe it is the be-all and end-all! This small number, which may seem significant now, will only be a flimsy memory in a years time (okay maybe not, but it won't be causing anyone any stress!). At the end of the day all that matters is that you know you did the best you could! 
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment