Thursday 18 December 2014

Body and Soul, Witchery photoshot

On Monday the 15th of December, my family and I made our way down to Daylight photography studios to do a photo shoot for the Body and Soul section of the Herald Sun Newspaper; to be published in April next year. The photo shoot we did was a campaign to promote "white shirt day," a day of awareness for women who are suffering from Ovarian Cancer. White shirt day is sponsored and promoted by Witchery, therefore, we were styled in witchery white shirts for the shoot. 



Hair and make-up styling
Witchery white shirt 


My mum and her best friend Irene 


Behind the scenes!

The photo shoot definitely took longer then i had expected. I didn't realise how many photos they'd need to take in order to get one good one! Posing for so long makes your cheeks hurt from smiling so much, as well as feeling blinded from the continuous flashing from the camera. I have to say, being a fashion student, it was interesting to observe what happens behind the scenes when it comes to modelling, styling, hair and make-up as well as photography. It was a really fun and memorable day. It made me appreciate my role as an ambassador for the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation, as this campaign can reach out to so many women who may feel alone.
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment