Monday 16 December 2013

Life after high school (update)

For the past 3 and a half weeks i have been enjoying the long awaited freedom of life after high school. It has been a strange feeling to have no commitments to school during the holidays, no pre-reading or head start holiday homework. It continues to dawn on me time and time again that that chapter of my life is well and truly over now. However, the only question is: "what do i do now?" My holidays so far have consisted of a very much overrated and anti-climatic schoolies week celebration in Byron Bay, A LOT of shopping, reading and listening to my new favourite album "Nothing was the same" by Drake, which i can assure you is constantly on repeat. 

Naturally, i am a very focused and motivated person who always feels the need to be busy, you could even go as far to say that i am a workaholic! Therefore, i have found it rather difficult adjusting to the idea that i have another two months of holidays ahead of me before i start uni with absolutely nothing planned! This scares me in a way as i don't like wasting time and want to make use of this precious time that i have before it quickly becomes an intangible dream as a spend hour upon hour sewing garments and designing clothes. I have applied for a number of jobs as a casual in mainly retail stores with "Help wanted" signs in the windows, however have had no luck so far. I am thinking i will volunteer at the local opp shop to occupy my days, and i may even find quirky bits and pieces that could serve as a major source of inspiration in my designs. I have also thought of a back up plan if all else fails i may even resort to putting flyers in the neighbourhoods letter boxes for dog walking or babysitting. You can just imagine how desperate i am to get out there and start living (which only comes after earning a bit of pocket money)!

Aside from my desire to go on adventures and use my holiday time wisely, i have spent the last two weeks sitting through a number of interviews for different fashion design courses. As soon as i got home from schoolies i was in a mad rush to piece together a folio which would best display my artwork and skill set. I was apprehensive about the interviews especially because i couldn't prepare for any questions they could ask you simply because you don't know what they might ask you! Turns out i did something right in those interviews, aside from my nervous choking on words and fidgeting, i was offered a position to every course i applied to!! HOORAY I am so happy!! 
I always seem to doubt myself and was afraid i wouldn't be accepted anywhere, but clearly i was over thinking and got stuck in my thoughts too much, which is something i always seem to do! Anyway, i now have the very difficult task of choosing which uni i would like to go to, being spoilt for choice really isn't helpful! 

I hope i haven't rambled too much, i just thought i'd give a bit of an update of my life as i haven't blogged in a while. 


SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment