Sunday 7 December 2014

Getting Creative

The summer holidays have begun, which means uni is over and there are less things for me to stress about and run around like a headless chuk. I'm enjoying the freedom of having no commitments, no assignments or garments to sew, all i have planned is work for the next week. Therefore, i have decided to use my spare time productively. Rather than sitting in bed all day watching TV series after TV series (which i still do), i have begun to make jewellery. 

It's really fun to do something that's a quick and easy craft task that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. It's nice not to worry about patterns and sewing errors, jewellery is a simple task that can easily be self taught. I was introduced to the idea of making jewellery by one of my good friends Stacey. She has been making jewellery for fun and earning some pocket money out of it for the last few years. The other week, Stacey took me along to a factory outlet, Wholesale Beads, in Chesterville Rd. I swear, i had never seen so many beads and decorative pieces in my life. They were presented in an array of colours. Stacey and i each grabbed a bucket and worked our way through the beads. Honestly, i didn't know where to begin as there were so many things on display and i didn't want to miss any of them!

After an hour of looking through the parts that make up jewellery, i had a full bucket. I sat down to sort through the pieces in order to spend an amount within my budget. I kept pieces that i knew i'd definitely use; like jump rings, clasps, suede tie, earring posts and a pack of beads, along with some essential tools. Stacey and i purchased our supplies and headed back home to start getting creative! I was super excited to start making jewellery, especially a pair of fluffy stuffed love heart earrings i had seen on this hip, alternative blog: http://panache-halloweentown.blogspot.com.au/ and was so eager to recreate them! 

The following images are of the jewellery that i have made. I am yet to finish a mini collection, however will keep this blog updated of more items of jewellery that i create. 
I am also thinking of possibly selling the jewellery i have made, so if any one is interested, please e-mail me at:
geena_h123@hotmail.com


Body Harness made of brass coloured
chain and jump rings
$40

Fluffy and stuffed love heart earrings;
Hearts were sewn and stuffed before attaching them to a
chain of brass jump rings
$20
Suede black neck tie with clear crystal charm,
which changes colour in the light
$10

Please have a look at my good friend Stacey's Jewellery too!
https://www.facebook.com/stacelettes
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment